We are delighted you are here! We will use this site to keep our members up to date on what’s happening within California Hands & Voices and other related news. Check back often! In addition to this site, our CA Hands & Voices Facebook group is a great online community where you can network with professionals and families raising Deaf and Hard of Hearing children throughout California. We also invite you to visit the Hands & Voices Blog.
California Hands & Voices would like to thank our two fantastic webmasters. We are honored to have have both of you on the team.
Thank You for volunteering your time and your talents with California Hands & Voices. We are incredibly grateful for your service.
Meet our Advocates - Video Introduction of our ASTra Team https://youtu.be/6mbpqJS1eNI
Your support makes it possible for our advocates to support parents throughout our state.
Donations both big and small add up
to provide services for our families.
Help support the 17,000 DHH students
in California today!
Want to join us in supporting a good cause? We are raising money for our ASTra (Advocacy program) and your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $500. Every little bit helps in reaching our goal of $5,000 for the month of October. Thank you for your support.
Our ASTra advocates have been hard at work to bring Educational Advocacy Services to Parents & Professionals throughout the state. Since February of 2019 we have served over 200 families,
professionals and community members.
With funding we could exponentially increase our impact. Presently our team can provide individualized 1:1 IEP advocacy services to roughly 20 families a year. We would love to reach 45 families during 2021.
Your donation to ASTra will allow us to serve more families in 2021.
On behalf of our entire organization we thank you for your support!
Donations can be made to our Birthday Fundraiser at: https://www.facebook.com/donate/344813690089107
Visit our website to make a donation by Check or PayPal: https://cahandsandvoices.org/get-involved/make-donation
Thank you to everyone who participated in the CA H&V Giveaway! We hope it brought JOY to many!
Congratulations to the Winners!
Goal of the giveaway. This has been a challenging year. We hope that the giveaway brings JOY to everyone who participates.
- To qualify you must live in the state of California and be a Parent of a DHH child, a DHH adult or a Professional serving Deaf and Hard of Hearing children.
- To participate do one of the following three options.
First Option: Members, Let's see where you placed your UV Window Sticker. Post a Photo of your CA H&V UV Window Sticker on our Facebook Page under the Giveaway Announcement using the hashtag #MyCaHandsVoices. (the CA H&V window sticker was mailed to paid members at no additional charge in July 2020).
Second Option: Comment on our Facebook Page under the Giveaway Announcement and tell us a FUN FACT about your family using the hashtag #MyCaHandsVoices
Third Option: Not on Facebook? No problem! Email us at email@example.com to show your CA H&V UV Window Sticker or share a Fun Fact about your family.
- Some of the giveaways were donated by individuals or organizations that support our work. We appreciate their support and thank them for their donation. The donations were received from San Diego Family Magazine ( A Selection of four Children's Books, a Parent's Guide to Playful Learning for Children Age 2-5 Book and a ADCO Clear Window Mask.), From Karen Putz (The Parenting Journey Online Course. Purchased items also include; a Tote-bag and Upwrapping Your Passion Book by Karen Putz and the Hands & Voices Educational Advocacy For Students Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing Book. Complimentary item given away: California Hands & Voices 1 Year Membership.
- The giveaway winners will be randomly selected and announced on September 9th.
- The winners will be notified by email, announced on our social media platforms and also mentioned on our website.
- Each participant will have an equal chance to win regardless of how many times they participate. No purchase is necessary.
- California Hands & Voices will pay the shipping fees to mail the giveaways to the winner.
- Winner must provide their mailing address to California Hands & Voices via our website at https://cahandsandvoices.org/get-involved/mailing-list-signup so that we can mail the gift to the winner.
- Personal data including the mailing address, email and phone number is collected and then stored on our database. All members of the database receive e-blast messages from CA H&V from time to time. Individuals can unsubscribe at any time.
- CA H&V Board members and their family members do not qualify. There are no age restrictions.
- California Hands & Voices has the right to shut down or adjust the contest at any time.
- California Hands & Voices may use the winner's image and likeness in advertising.
- The giveaway is void where prohibited.
- For our members who are not on Facebook you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to show your CA H&V UV Window Sticker or share a Fun Fact about your family.
- California Hands & Voices is sponsoring and administering the contest; not Facebook.
- Facebook is not in anyway responsible for this giveaway.