California Hands & Voices is here to support you and your child on your journey, through all the ups and downs.
Today is the last day of the month, the last day of Deaf Awareness Month.
However, you know as parents of DHH children, DHH awareness is not a month, it’s a daily, lifelong journey.
- This week, highlighting those journeys: “My Hard of Hearing Journey ”, A Podcast (with full transcript)
- #DeafAtWork, which features over 35 DHH adults in different professions
How do we get from where we are today to there? DHH adults living their best lives, navigating and advocating for themselves?
- If you’re at the beginning of your journey, especially if you’re working on what communication modes are out there for your child start here
As this packet discusses, make sure that you are aware of ALL options and are informed of everything that’s out there. That you don’t feel pressured one way or another. This journey is about what’s going to work for your child, for them to have accessible language in their life, for life. That can mean multiple approaches all at the same time. See what’s out there, with what resources you may need to support you and your child.
“What works for your child is what makes the choice right”
- If you’d like to take a look at what these options are as a starting point
- There are many many resources at your disposal
As always, there are parents, professionals, and DHH adults who have walked the path and will support you along the way.
What has helped you the most on your journey with your child?
Together we can,